Professional practice is defined as practice that reflects:
- the commitment to caring relationships with patients and families and strong ethical values.
- utilization of specialized knowledge, critical inquiry, and evidence-informed decision making.
- continuous development of self and others.
- accountability and responsibility for insightful competent practice.
- demonstration of a spirit of collaboration and flexibility to optimize service.
Paramedics are encouraged to read and be familiar with the documents and resources found in this section.