Registrants are required to renew their registration/certificate of practice during the annual renewal period. Failure to do so will impact the ability of the registrant to practice paramedicine in Manitoba.
Requirements for Renewal (Full/Provisional/Non-practicing) are:
- Completion of Program for Continuing Competence (PCC) requirements
- Complete any other mandatory learning modules as directed
- Update any incorrect information in the registrant portal
- Provide proof of current Professional Liability Insurance (PLI)
- Submit record check information as instructed if selected for submission
- Completion of the Declaration Questions embedded in the renewal process
- Pay the required fee(s).
Please note that those in the Retired Class are not required to participate in the PCC process or to provide proof of PLI.
Those registered in the Temporary Class are exempt from renewal.
The renewal period will commence annually in February. The exact dates will be communicated by the College each year.
HEALTH PROFESSION CORPORATION
Heath Profession Corporations (HPCs) are required to renew their permit during the annual renewal period. Failure to do so will impact the ability of the HPC to operate in the Province of Manitoba.
Requirements for Renewal are:
(a) the corporation is incorporated, formed by amalgamation or continued under The Corporations Act, and is in good standing under that Act;
(b) the name of the corporation includes terms used to describe the regulated health profession, followed by the word “corporation”, and is approved by the registrar in accordance with the regulations;
(c) each voting share of the corporation is both legally and beneficially owned by
(i) a regulated member of the college, or
(ii) a health profession corporation established for the purpose of carrying on the practice of paramedicine.
(d) each other share in the capital stock of the corporation is both legally and beneficially owned by a person who is
(i) a voting shareholder of the corporation,
(ii) a spouse, common-law partner or child, within the meaning of the Income Tax Act (Canada), of a voting shareholder of the corporation, or
(iii) a corporation, each share of the capital stock of which is legally and beneficially owned by a person referred to in subclause (i) or (ii);
(e) each director of the corporation is a regulated member of CPMB
(f) the president of the corporation is a regulated member of CPMB
(g) each person through whom the corporation will be carrying on the practice of the health profession is a regulated member of CPMB
(h) the corporation has filed an application, in the form prescribed by by-law, and paid the fee required by the council, for the permit or its renewal; and
(i) all other requirements prescribed by regulation for the issuance or renewal of the permit have been satisfied.
A health profession corporation (HPC) holds a valid permit issued by the College of Paramedics of Manitoba (CPMB). The permit issued by CPMB authorizes the HPC to carry on the practice of Paramedicine for the time period specified on the permit. Once a HPC is registered with CPMB, it must submit an application for renewal of it’s permit at least 30 days prior to the permit expiration date (CPMB Bylaw 5.7).
- The only registrants who may establish health profession corporations are critical care paramedics, advanced care paramedics and primary care paramedics, who are registered in the full membership class and hold a valid certificate of practice. (CPMB Gen Reg 7.2)
- For the purpose of 60(1)(i) above, a health profession corporation must also submit in its’ application the following:
- A copy of the articles of incorporation and any articles of amendment, continuance or amalgamation
- A current status certificate issued under The Corporations Act; and
- A copy of the most recent annual report filed under The Corporations Act
To renew a Health Profession Corporation, use the Registrant Portal Button at the top right hand corner of the homepage.