The following individuals were appointed to serve on the College of Paramedics Council from May 31, 2021 to March 31, 2024.
- Leah Braun – Chair (Paramedic representative Southern Health-Sante Sud), has been a Paramedic in EMS for 20 years and is currently working as a Superintendent in Portage la Prairie. She has served on the Manitoba Health exam team, as a member of the COPR national exam writing group, and as a member of the board of directors for the Paramedic Association of Manitoba.
- Karen Martin – Chair-Elect (Paramedic representative Winnipeg), is an Advanced Care Paramedic and the District Chief of Community Paramedicine with the Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service (WFPS). Karen began her EMS career in rural Manitoba in 1993 and joined the WFPS in June of 2000. Karen is also a member of the College of Paramedics of Manitoba Governance Committee and the Appointments Committee.
- Ryan Youngson – Treasurer (Paramedic representative), is a Paramedic representative on council. He is currently employed as a Firefighter / Primary Care Paramedic with the City of Winnipeg. He has previously worked as a Paramedic in Winnipeg, and as a Firefighter / Paramedic in Thompson. In addition to serving on the College Council, Ryan is also the Chair of the Finance Audit and Risk Committee.
- Madeleine Guay (Paramedic representative), started her career in EMS in 2012. She is currently employed as a rural Primary Care Paramedic with Shared Health Manitoba. Madeleine currently sits on the Appointments Committee.
- Tom Wallace – (Paramedic representative Winnipeg), Tom Wallace has been a Paramedic since 1997 and is currently licensed as an ACP. He serves as the Deputy Chief responsible for support services with the Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service. He serves as a member of the Governance Committee.
- Nick Kasper – (Paramedic representative), is an Advanced Care Paramedic with a Bachelor’s Degree in Health Sciences. Employed as a Firefighter Paramedic and Special Operations Program Coordinator with WFPS, he is fortunate to have the continued opportunity to work in a variety of roles serving rural and northern Manitoba communities. His experiences have included Medical First Response, Canada Task Force 4 Disaster Response Team, Adjunct Instructor for the Manitoba Emergency Services College, as well as Ground, Fixed and Rotary Wing Ambulance. He currently is Chair of Governance Committee.
- Sean Klemick (Paramedic representative), is a Firefighter/Intermediate Care Paramedic with Brandon Fire and Emergency Services (BFES). Sean began his career in EMS with Assiniboine RHA in 2003 and was later employed as a Firefighter/Paramedic for the Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service before joining BFES in 2007. He is a member of the Finance Audit and Risk Committee.
- David Driedger (CEO Haven-Group, the HavenGroup Foundation and Steinbach Housing) RN MN, is a public representative on the Council and has been involved in health care for over 40 years. David’s experience includes working in direct care, educator, and administrative roles in acute and long term care. He is currently the CEO for HavenGroup and Steinbach Housing Inc. in Steinbach, Manitoba. David serves as a member of the Council’s Finance Audit and Risk Committee.
- Jean Cox (Consultant and former ADM Health), is a public member of the College of Paramedics of Manitoba and is a member of the Council’s Finance Audit and Risk Committee and Governance Committee. Prior to her retirement in 2017, Jean was Assistant Deputy Minister of Regional Policies and Programs at Manitoba Health, Seniors and Active Living. Jean has served on a number of provincial and a national Boards of Directors including Canadian Patient Safety Institute, Diagnostic Services Manitoba, CancerCare Manitoba and Misericordia Health Centre.
- Greg Graceffo (Consultant and former Associate Deputy Minister), is a public member of the College of Paramedics. Prior to his retirement in 2019 Greg was the Associate Deputy Minister Community Safety Division of the Department of Justice. Greg is currently active as a consultant, who in addition to his a consulting work, serves as the Vice Chair of the Adult Abuse registry. Greg serves as a member of Council’s Governance Committee.